The City of Richland Hills contracts with Republic Waste Services. To report missed pickups or for questions about garbage and recycling services, please call 817-332-7301.
- Garbage collection - Tuesdays and Fridays
- Recycle collection - Fridays
Holiday Pick Up Days
- Service provided on Tuesday will be on regular schedule, Friday service will shift to Saturday to accommodate holiday schedule (week of Christmas Day and New Years Day). Any questions regarding garbage/recycle pick-up should be directed to Republic Services 817-332-7301.
Residential Service is billed with your water and sewer bill. Please contact Utility Billing at 817-616-3800 with any questions.
Commercial Service is billed directly by Republic Waste Services. Please contact Republic Services at 817-332-7301 with any questions.
Garbage and Recycle Container Placement
Containers should be placed at the curb no earlier than 7:00 p.m. the evening before collection, nor later than 6:00 a.m. the day of collection. Empty containers should be removed from curbside no later than 11:59 pm the day of collection.
To maintain current service levels, Republic Services requests the following:
- All waste MUST be bagged or containerized to ensure the safety of our employees.
- As people are isolating at home, the amount of debris going to the curb is increasing and increasingly delaying our routes. If this continues to increase we will have to make adjustments to what can be collected as solid waste is our primary concern for the health and safety of our communities.
- Recycling contamination increased by 20% last week. While we are doing everything possible to keep up, our processing costs have significantly increased due to contamination.
Bulk Waste Collections
2020 SCHEDULED COLLECTION DATES:
FEBRUARY 17; MAY 18; AUGUST 17; OCTOBER 19.
PLACEMENT OF BULK WASTE: Per City Code, Items placed out for quarterly bulk pickup may be placed at the prescribed curbside location no earlier than the Saturday preceding the week before bulk pickup is to begin (nine days) and not later than 7:00 a.m. the scheduled day that bulk pickup begins (dates posted above).
Acceptable bulk waste: Furniture; appliances (no Freon allowed); small tree limbs & tree trimmings; brush; household items; bagged clothing; TV's; outdoor furniture & toys; fence panels & posts; etc.
NON-Acceptable bulk waste: Construction materials; concrete; rock; commercial waste; hazardous waste such as paints; fertilizers; pool chemicals; yard chemicals; medications; Freon; large un-cut trees, limbs and stumps, un-bagged debris such as paper; general trash and clothing.
2020 HAZARDOUS HOUSEHOLD WASTE COLLECTION & RECYCLING EVENT - TBD