Stage 1 Watering Restrictions
Know the rules | Know your schedule
In Stage 1, landscape watering is limited to the above twice per week schedule.
Year-round requirements remain in effect.
- Watering with a soaker hose, drip irrigation or by hand-held hose is allowed at any time.
- No watering with irrigation systems or sprinklers between 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.;
- No watering hard surfaces;
- No watering during precipitation; and
- No water waste through runoff,missing, misaligned or broken sprinkler heads.
Exceptions to the Restrictions:
- Water may not run off a lawn of yard more than 50 feet. Supervised testing, repair or maintenance of an irrigation system is an exception.
- Foundations may be watered up to two hours on any day using a handheld hose, soaker hose or drip irrigation system placed within 24-inches of the foundation, that does not produce a spray of water above the ground.
- Establishing new turf is discouraged. If hydromulch, grass sod, or grass seed has been installed, a variance is required.
- All users are encouraged to reduce the frequency of draining and refilling swimming pools.
- All users are encouraged to use native and adapted drought tolerant plants in landscaping.
- Washing of any motorized vehicle (including a motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane, etc.) is limited to the use of a hand-held bucket or a hand-held hose equipped with a positive-pressure shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the premises of a commercial car wash or service station.
- Discourage hosing of paved areas (sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, tennis courts, patios or other impervious surfaces), except to alleviate an immediate health or safety hazard. (See Drought Plan for specific examples.)
- No hosing of buildings or other structures for purposes other than fire protection or surface preparation prior to painting.
Violations will receive an initial warning. Subsequent offenses may be issued a citation.
For a complete list, view the full requirements: Drought/Emergency Management Plan
Questions? Contact us at 817-616-3770