Spring is here again and along with it comes the dreaded mosquito. The City of Richland Hills advises residents to eliminate mosquito-breeding areas now to avoid diseases.
MENACING MOSQUITOES: PROTECT YOURSELF!
- Wear an insect repellent - the best one is one that you will wear.
- Dress properly in long, light, loose-fitting clothing.
- Protect your backyard by using an insecticide if the mosquito population is out of hand.
- Avoid heavy mosquito-populated areas.
RESIDENTS & PROPERTY OWNERS ARE THE FIRST DEFENSE TO MOSQUITO CONTROL!
Mosquitoes need water to breed. Elimination of ALL sources of standing water in your yard will reduce the mosquito population.
- If you have a pond in your backyard or garden, stock it with some fish to eat the mosquito larvae.
- Make sure all window screens are intact to prevent mosquitoes from entering your home.
- Keep swimming pools treated and circulating and rain gutters unclogged.
- Empty and change the water in bird baths, fountains, wading pools, rain barrels, and potted plant trays at least once a week.
back to the top >>>