If you are charged with a driving offense, you may be eligible to take an approved driving safety course. If approved, the citation will be dismissed upon satisfactory completion of all conditions imposed.
DO NOT TAKE A DRIVING SAFETY COURSE WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING PERMISSION FROM THE COURT.
To be Eligible to Take a Driving Safety Course for Ticket Dismissal, You Must:
- Make your request in writing within 14 calendar days of your citation date in person or by certified mail.
- Enter a plea of Guilty or No Contest.
- Have a valid Texas Drivers license or permit.
- Have proof of financial responsibility (Insurance).
- Not have taken a driving safety course for ticket dismissal within the past twelve (12) months prior to the date of your citation.
- Pay court costs and a $10.00 administrative fee.
back to the top >>>